Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 15 Jun 2012 14:20 #10697

• ChrisBiffle
  • Administrator
  • 10 Finger Woo received: 241
Dear Wibbiteers!
To begin your journey toward becoming a Whole Brain Teaching Board Certified Instructor, please carefully read the Certification pdf at www.scribd.com/doc/94314237/Whole-Brain-Teaching-Certification

Next, start by posting an essay on a WBT topic in the appropriate section of the Whole Brain Teaching Certification section of our forum. For example, if you are writing about a WBT webcast, post your essay in the webcast section on our forum; if you are writing about one of our YouTube videos, post your essay in the YouTube section on our forum.

Your essays should be 250 words minimum; no paragraph should exceed seven sentences or be fewer than three sentences; all paragraphs should be separated by a double space; graduate school literacy standards are expected. If we find more than two writing errors, you will receive an email notifying you politely, but firmly, that your essay was not accepted for Certification Points. Unfortunately, we do not have staff to detail your errors or to handle rewrites of an unacceptable essay. Simply write another post, but much more carefully!

If you want to try to for bonus points, begin your essay with an inspiring quotation or use transition sentences in the body or employ figurative language ... or any other literary technique you think is appropriate to your topic.

We are especially looking for, in the last paragraph of your essay, your original suggestions about how students' critical thinking skills could be improved while employing the WBT technique that is the subject of your post.

Wib On!
Coach B
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: inspiration, lrodriguez, LindsayBeerbower, DBowman, annelyon, Lbnoblet, stovall, jnessuno, gisa, jebullockjr...

Re: How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 16 Jun 2012 03:35 #10705

• KateB
  • WBT Captain
  • 10 Finger Woo received: 57
Hi Coach! As the newly dubbed "Assistant Director to WBT Certificaton", I am looking forward to my certifying wibeteers who would like writing assistance as discussed in the webcast. Would you like them to post their essay on the forum and somehow mark it as a draft for me to look at or would you like them to email it to me so it can be polished before posting?

Kate Bowski
WBT Intern 2012-2013

www.katebowski.blogspot.com
Kate Bowski
Associate Director of WBT Certification
WBT Executive Board

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
The following user(s) said Thank You: jebullockjr

Re: How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 16 Sep 2012 23:21 #12778

• JWoon
  • WBT Rookie
Hi Kate
I am a teacher in New Zealand who has seen the videos and downloaded all the books. I currently use the big seven, scoreboard and the practice cards in my class with great success. I teach a Year 2 &3 class which over here are 6 &7 year olds.
I am so sad that i can never attend a conference. Do you know if anyone does this over this side of the world? Does Chris travel overseas to run any conferences?

I am going to have a look and see if I can get any funding to help further my knowledge if there is anyone local that does this.

I would love to see how this works in classes overseas.

Would love any contacts.

Thank you
Josie Woon (an excited New Zealander)

Re: How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 17 Sep 2012 03:39 #12780

• KateB
  • WBT Captain
  • 10 Finger Woo received: 57
Hi Josie! So glad you are using WBT! Isn't it an amazing program? Coach does travel outside the country. I would have your administrators contact him by email ( This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ). It might take some time for your admins to come around. Be persistent! I prodded for an entire year but have finally succeeded in getting Coach to come to our district next month. Good luck!
Kate Bowski
Associate Director of WBT Certification
WBT Executive Board

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 04 Apr 2014 12:12 #16755

I am trying to start my certification and clicked on the Whole Brain Teaching Certification document from 2012. Is this what I should be following or is there an updated version?

Thank you!

Dorlisa Prior

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 04 Apr 2014 17:03 #16758

• jnessuno
  • WBT Starter
  • 10 Finger Woo received: 24
Hello, Dorlisa!

I believe those are the current guidelines for those seeking certification. You can earn WBT Certification points by reading Chris Biffle's book, Whole Brain Teaching for Challenging Kids,and writing (and posting) thoughtful responses on the Whole Brain Teaching Book Club site:
wbtbookclubii.blogspot.com/p/whole-brain...g-certification.html
Good luck to you on your WBT Certification journey! :)

Jackie
The following user(s) said Thank You: Top Priority Teaching

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 12 Apr 2014 11:03 #16774

• bmarvin
  • WBT Rookie
  • 10 Finger Woo received: 1
Hey jnessuno, when I clicked on the link you posted, it said to 'join' by scrolling down and finding it on the right. There was nothing I could find that said 'join'. Can you help? Thanks, Bonnie
The following user(s) said Thank You: jnessuno

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 12 Apr 2014 11:30 #16775

• jnessuno
  • WBT Starter
Hello, Bonnie!

You must have a Google (email) account. It is free and easy to sign up for a Google account. I had to create a separate account because my school Google account would not permit me to log in. Once you have created a Google account, you will simply sign in in the upper-right hand corner of the Blog page (using your Google user name and password). From the main page of the Blog, you will see links for the various chapters, introductions, and so forth. Thank you for joining, and welcome to the WBT Book Club! It is enlightening to read the posts written by other members, and it's fun to reflect and write your own!

I hope this helps. If you need additional help, just post a message; I'd be more than happy to help you :)

Jackie
Last Edit: 12 Apr 2014 12:05 by jnessuno. Reason: Added information

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 13 Apr 2014 12:40 #16776

• bmarvin
  • WBT Rookie
  • 10 Finger Woo received: 1
Thanks Jackie!
I have begun! :)

I have another question for you....by your name at the side, what is the 10 finger woo about and the karma?

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 14 Apr 2014 15:46 #16780

• jnessuno
  • WBT Starter
Hello, Bonnie!

The 10 Finger Woo appears to be awarded when someone clicks the "thank you" link. I'm not sure about Karma. Perhaps a savvy member will fill us both in! :)

Jackie

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 15 Apr 2014 17:51 #16782

To add Karma click the green plus below the users profile picture.

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 24 Apr 2014 15:35 #16793

Hi All, I have just completed the Book Club and have received 645 CPs. Do they go toward certification or do I have to post on the forum? I'm hoping they do because I am excited about moving forward with certification. :cheer:
Also, Nancy, should I include the comments and the CPs that I received from each chapter when I send the 10 entries?
Last Edit: 24 Apr 2014 16:00 by LizfromElizabeth.

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 24 Apr 2014 19:37 #16795

• 1nS
  • WBT Star
  • 10 Finger Woo received: 120
Hi Liz!
Congratulations! Send me a document folder with all your book posts, comments, and awarded points! This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Nancy Stoltenberg
Director of WBT Certification
WBT Executive Board
Blog: www.nstoltenbergwbt.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: LizfromElizabeth

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 25 Apr 2014 16:45 #16796

Thanks, Nancy. I have sent you my work. I hope it meets with your approval! :unsure:
Last Edit: 25 Apr 2014 16:46 by LizfromElizabeth.

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 30 Jun 2014 13:50 #17117

• jenspiva
  • WBT Rookie
Hi,

I am wondering about the possibility of earning professional development credits, or continuing education credits by completing certification of WBT, in order to provide my district evidence of salary advancement coursework. Are any parts of the program applicable?

Thanks,

WBT Rocks!

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 30 Jun 2014 14:18 #17118

• SouthernTeacher
  • WBT Captain
  • 10 Finger Woo received: 69
Hi jenspiva!

I think getting credit would depend on what your specific school/program would accept. Points towards certification are mostly awarded on the WBT Book Club site through responses to questions about chapters in the WBT book, but there are other assignments. To see what the process entails, see the WBT Certification 2.1 document on the right side of main part of the website.
Ms. Julie aka Southern Teacher
WBT Level 5 Certified Instructor
2863 CP

Blog: www.southernteacherwbt.blogspot.com

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 30 Jun 2014 14:51 #17119

• jnessuno
  • WBT Starter
Hello, jenspiva!

As Southern Teacher stated, the possibilities depend on your particular state and/or district. In New Jersey, where I live and teach, I was able to apply certificates from viewing WBT webcasts toward my PD Hours (In NJ, we are required to accumulate a minimum of 20 hours of PD per year).

Here is a link to the WBT webcasts: WBT Video Library
At the conclusion of each video are instructions on how to obtain a copy of the slides and a PD Certificate.

How to begin Whole Brain Teaching Certification 30 Jun 2014 15:10 #17120

• jenspiva
  • WBT Rookie
Thanks Southern Teacher! Very Helpful
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.458 seconds