To polish your WBT skills, we offer four levels of instructor certification: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. The journey is self-paced and free!
Complete the following steps in order:
Complete seven online tests surveying the seven levels of Whole Brain teaching: WBT Basics, Super Improver, Character Education, Classroom Rules, Scoreboard, Beloved Rascals, and PowerUps. Though you race against the clock, the tests can be taken as many times as you wish. Bronze Certified Instructors possess a general, theoretical understanding of WBT, sufficient to substantially improve their teaching skills. When you are Bronze Certified, we encourage you to share WBT links and resources with colleagues, but will have to wait until Gold and Platinum Certification before you can lead trainings.
- Log in to https://www.schoology.com/
- if you’re a new user, sign up as a STUDENT and set your school to Whole Brain Teaching
- Click the Courses button in the top menu
- Click “Join”
- Copy and paste this code: GGF8-NWGZ-TPD9Z
To apply for the Silver Certification program you will need to:
- Successfully complete Bronze Certification
- Email a well written letter of application to NancyStoltenberg@WholeBrainTeaching.com. Your application letter should summarize your experience with WBT and your teaching goals.
To apply for Gold Certification, you will need to:
- Successfully complete Silver Certification
- Submit a two minute video application convincing us of your passion for WBT, your lofty educational goals, and your work with Beloved Rascals. Post the video on YouTube and send the link to NancyStoltenberg@WholeBrainTeaching.com. See these sample videos.
To apply for Platinum Certification, you will need to:
- Successfully complete Gold Certification
- Submit an application package to NancyStoltenberg@WholeBrainTeaching.com. The package must contain:
- A short video showcasing your personality and instructional style. In the first minute show us who you are and what makes you unique. In the final 2-3 minutes, show us how you would teach an audience about one WBT strategy and how it can be used successfully in any K-12 classroom. Your audience could be your class or colleagues.
- A signed copy of the WBT Trainer agreement
- Proof of attending one in-person Whole Brain Teaching conference