To polish your WBT skills, we offer four levels of instructor certification: Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum. The journey is self-paced and free!
Complete the following steps in order:
Complete five online tests surveying basic WBT Skills: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, Legendary, and Semi-Divine. Though you race against the clock, the tests can be taken as many times as you wish. Bronze Certified Instructors possess a general, theoretical understanding of WBT, sufficient to substantially improve their teaching skills. When you are Bronze Certified, we encourage you to share your knowledge with colleagues, but will have to wait until Gold and Platinum Certification before you can lead trainings.
- Log in to https://www.schoology.com/
- if you’re a new user, sign up as a STUDENT and set your school to Whole Brain Teaching
- Click the Courses button in the top menu
- Click “Join”
- Enter this code: 2TVXJ-FZB9H
Upon completing Bronze Certification, email a well written letter of Silver Application to NancyStoltenberg@WholeBrainTeaching.com. Summarize your experience with WBT and your teaching goals. Accepted Silver applicants complete four essays expanding their understanding of WBT. Each essay will require a perfect score of 10 points, based on a rubric we will send you.
After completing the Silver level, you may apply for Gold Certification by submitting a two minute video convincing us of your passion for WBT, your lofty educational goals, and your work with Beloved Rascals. Post the video on YouTube and send the link to NancyStoltenberg@WholeBrainTeaching.com. See these sample videos. Accepted Gold applicants will create a 5-10 minute Exemplary Video demonstrating lively skill with Class Yes, Mirror Words, Hands and Eyes, One Minute Lessons, Teach Okay, and the Scoreboard. This process will likely require many video drafts. Here are two samples: Second Grade: Robyn Hays and Middle School Andre Deshotel. When you are Gold Certified, we encourage you, with our guidance, to lead introductory WBT trainings at your school.
After achieving Gold Certification, you can apply for the Platinum level by submitting an application package to NancyStoltenberg@WholeBrainTeaching.com. The package must contain:
- A short video showcasing your personality and instructional style. In the first minute show us who you are and what makes you unique. In the final 2-3 minutes, show us how you would teach an audience about one WBT strategy and how it can be used successfully in any K-12 classroom. Your audience could be your class or colleagues.
- A signed copy of the WBT Trainer agreement
- Proof of attending one in-person Whole Brain Teaching conference